Nutmeg or Jaiphal is an aromatic spice cultivated from the nutmeg tree, Myristica Fragrant. Nutmeg is the inner seed, while the outer part is called the nutmeg mace, which is sold differently. It is rich in essential oils, nutrition, minerals, and vitamins. It helps treat leukemia and is a great source of magnesium that helps in treating insomnia and restlessness at night.
With a slightly sweet taste and pungent aroma, nutmeg has both culinary and medicinal qualities. It finds its use in any Indian as well as Western dishes. Be it pudding, cookies, spice cake, soup, stew, curries, it is just the perfect seasoning to enhance the flavor of any dish. Rich in copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, zinc, and iron, nutmeg are essential for optimum health.
- Rich in microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, thus a good component for skincare problems like skin blemishes, acne, and wrinkles
- Helps clear out toxins from the liver and kidney
- Useful for digestion and treating digestion related problems like constipation and diarrhea
- Helpful for dental care like toothache, sore gums, and ulcers
- Helps in eliminating fatigue, stress, depression, and anxiety
- Effectively stimulates the brain and acts as an excellent brain tonic
- Cures bad breath and mouth bacteria
- Used in treating menstrual irregularities
How to store?
- Store in an airtight glass container so it does not lose aroma and flavor
- Keep away from moisture and direct sunlight
- Store in a cool, dry place